Addiction is a disease through which human beings are affected physically, mentally, and spiritually. On the contrary, meditation is a practice that benefits the physical, mental, and spiritual aspects by reducing the negative effects of the drug. It is a mental practice that is used for contemplation or for raising spiritual awareness. Meditation is done in many ways such as focusing on the breath or by chanting a mantra. You can practice this alone or in the group. Not only this, it can be done in silence or with music or during stirring.Thus, any person can practice in any way yet it is very important to note that which method is more beneficial for you because then you can reduce the effects of addiction.Meditation provides the right direction to an addict because it is consistent means of efficiency which keeps calm mind despite the numerous challenges.However, there are many benefits to meditation but it is also helpful for the addicts. All of the rehab centers have meditation program to help drug addicts.
Begins with the nervous system imbalance
Many problems such as mood swing, high blood pressure, stress, depression arise when the nervous system is unbalanced. However, these problems are tried to regulate but unhealthy methods are used when not being able to control that for a long time which causes more stress. On the other hand, daily meditation makes you more flexible. In fact, this is the only option which can improve physical and mental health and inspire to quit the addiction.
Mindfulness and the mind
Mindfulness is a practice that makes you aware of your thoughts, feelings, and sensory experiences which makes structural and functional changes in the brain. With the help of daily practice, mental muscles start working more like physical muscles. As a result, whenever you connect with moments like love, compassion, and non-judgment, then the ability to experience those increases.The mind gives birth to negative thoughts and its nature is to wander. Therefore, the practitioner has to be aware during this practice.
Benefits of Mindfulness Practice for addiction
- The practitioner feels better at every moment
- Unpleasant emotions and thoughts are safely experienced
- Help is made in less judgmental
- Compassion is developed for other people
- This inspires the practitioners to connect with the sober people
- A sense of self-acceptance develops
- Its continuous practice enhances the feeling of peace
- It makes more awareness about the things you try to avoid
- It makes you aware of the thoughts that arise in the mind of your that these thoughts are not your
- Enhances self-awareness
- Less disturbing even during unpleasant experiences
- Emotions keep under control
- The practitioner believes that he can erase the uncomfortable feelings
- It helps in eliminating stress problems and stopping the development of stress-related problems
- Despite many problems of life, anxiety is less experienced, which is one of the main causes of addiction
- Mindfulness is the only option that helps in treating depression.It stops depression only on the first stage
- It helps the body fight against diseases because the capacity of the immune system is increased
- Addicts can assume craving and craving can be overcome
Experience natural happiness
Mind-altering substances are used to experience high happiness which comes later in the form of addiction. According to the 2002 study, some areas were checked of thebrain during addiction. It was found that the brain center, and the prefrontal cortex both are highly stimulated during addiction and are active during the withdrawal but the constant practicecan do the overall activity in the prefrontal cortex which means meditation is a practice that without the use of drugs, smoking and alcohol can make your brain feel happy and high stimulation.Moreover, meditation releases the endorphin also which is a natural brain chemical. Therefore, people do not require other unhealthy options to be happy.
Apart from this, people suffering from chronic pain can also benefit from meditation. Although it is a human nature that people hate the pain that causes stress. Therefore, with the help of meditation, the ability to bear the pain increases.Due to which pain is easy to control and you do not need to consume drugs or alcohol. Not only this, meditation is also helpful in reducing the craving and preventing the danger of the relapse.
Meditation is more effective than traditional treatment
According to the study of 2006, 50 addicts examined for 3 months. Addicts were first taught to practice meditationand 90 days later they were asked about drug use.The good news was that the use of the drug was reduced by 70%, alcohol consumption was reduced by 90% and marijuana consumption was reduced by 82% during the 90-daymeditation which proves that meditation is 4 times more effective than traditional treatment in addiction treatment. So, if you want to withdraw from Oxycodone at home start with meditation.